Overview of Apple Pay
Apple Pay is a mobile wallet and digital payment service that allows users to make contactless payments with their iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad. It is one of the most popular mobile wallets in the world, and it is accepted by millions of merchants worldwide.
To use Apple Pay, users must first add a credit or debit card to their Apple Wallet. Once a card has been added, users can make payments by holding their device up to a contactless reader and authenticating the payment with Face ID, Touch ID, or their passcode.
Apple Pay is a very secure way to pay for purchases. Your credit or debit card information is never stored on your device or shared with merchants. Instead, a one-time unique code is used for each payment.
Apple Pay is also a very convenient way to pay for purchases. You do not need to carry cash or cards with you. You can simply use your iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad to pay for your purchases.
Using Apple Pay at Barnes & Noble
To use Apple Pay at Barnes & Noble, follow these steps:
- Make sure your iPhone or Apple Watch is unlocked and within range of the contactless reader.
- Double-click the side button on your iPhone or double-press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch.
- Glance at your device’s screen to select the credit or debit card you want to use.
- Hold your iPhone or Apple Watch up to the contactless reader until you see a checkmark and hear a beep.
- If you have multiple Apple devices, you can choose which one you want to use for Apple Pay by going to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Default Card.
- You can also add a credit or debit card to your Apple Wallet from the Wallet app.
- If you need help using Apple Pay, you can ask a cashier for assistance.
Note: Apple Pay is not currently accepted for online purchases at Barnesandnoble.com.