USAA offers a variety of insurance products, including rental car damage coverage. The specific coverage you have will depend on your individual policy, but most USAA policies cover physical damage to rental cars.
To check your rental car damage coverage, you can log in to your USAA account and review your policy documents. You can also call USAA Member Services at 1-800-531-USAA (8722) and speak with a representative.
If you have USAA rental car damage coverage, you will typically be responsible for a deductible. The amount of the deductible will vary depending on your policy.
If you are involved in an accident while driving a rental car, you should file a claim with USAA as soon as possible. USAA will work with the rental car company to assess the damage and determine how much you owe.
Here are some tips for filing a rental car damage claim with USAA:
- Gather as much information as possible about the accident, including the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Take photos of the damage to the rental car.
- File a police report if necessary.
- Contact USAA Member Services to file a claim.
USAA will typically process rental car damage claims within a few days. Once your claim is approved, USAA will pay the rental car company for the damage, minus your deductible.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about USAA rental car damage coverage:
- USAA rental car damage coverage does not cover loss of use of the rental car. If you are unable to use the rental car while it is being repaired, you will need to pay for your own transportation.
- USAA rental car damage coverage does not cover personal belongings that are lost or damaged in the rental car. If you need coverage for your personal belongings, you can purchase a travel insurance policy.
- USAA rental car damage coverage does not apply to rental cars that are used for commercial purposes. If you are using a rental car for business, you will need to purchase commercial insurance.
Overall, USAA offers comprehensive rental car damage coverage. If you are a USAA member, you should be able to get the coverage you need to protect yourself financially in the event of an accident.