If you’re an iPhone 8 user, knowing how to capture screenshots can be incredibly useful for various reasons. Whether you want to immortalize a hilarious meme, save vital information, or show someone what’s on your screen, taking a screenshot is a quick and effortless way to do it. Luckily, capturing screenshots on an iPhone 8 is a simple process that only takes a few seconds.
To capture a screenshot on your iPhone 8, all you need to do is simultaneously press the Side button (the one that turns the device on and off) and the Home button (the circular button on the front of the phone). Hold both buttons for a second or so, and then release them. You’ll know you’ve successfully captured a screenshot when the screen flashes white, accompanied by a satisfying camera shutter sound. The screenshot will automatically be saved to your Photos app, allowing easy access whenever you need it.
Using the Side Button and Volume Up Button
If you prefer an alternative method to capture your screen on an iPhone 8, you can utilize the side button and volume up button. Here’s how:
- Open the app or screen you want to capture.
- Press and hold the side button on the right-hand side of your iPhone.
- While holding the side button, simultaneously press the volume up button on the left-hand side of your iPhone.
- Release both buttons at the same time.
After capturing the screenshot, a preview of it will appear in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen. You can tap on the preview to edit or share the screenshot, or simply swipe it away to dismiss it. If you experience difficulties capturing a screenshot, ensure that you press both buttons simultaneously. It may require a little practice to get the timing right, but once you do, capturing screenshots will become a breeze.
It’s worth noting that screenshots can consume a significant amount of space on your iPhone, especially if you take numerous screenshots. To free up space, consider deleting unnecessary screenshots or transferring them to your computer or another device.
In conclusion, capturing screenshots on your iPhone 8 is a straightforward process that can prove valuable in various situations. Whether you’re capturing an image from a website, saving a hilarious text message, or documenting an error message, taking a screenshot is an excellent tool at your disposal.
How to Capture Screenshots on iPhone 8 using AssistiveTouch
If you encounter difficulties capturing screenshots on your iPhone 8 using the button combination, you can use AssistiveTouch as an alternative. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 8.
- Tap “General,” then select “Accessibility.”
- Scroll down and tap “AssistiveTouch.”
- Toggle the switch next to “AssistiveTouch” to turn it on.
- A small gray and white button will appear on your screen. Tap it to open the AssistiveTouch menu.
- Tap “Device,” followed by “More,” and then “Screenshot.”
- Your iPhone 8 will automatically capture a screenshot of the current screen.
Utilizing AssistiveTouch simplifies the screenshot process on your iPhone 8, especially if you find it challenging to press the Home button and Power button simultaneously. Additionally, you can customize the AssistiveTouch menu to include other helpful features such as adjusting volume, locking the screen, or accessing Siri.
Keep in mind that using AssistiveTouch to capture a screenshot also includes capturing the AssistiveTouch button on your screen. If you wish to exclude the button from appearing in your screenshot, you can temporarily hide it. Tap “Customize Top Level Menu” in the AssistiveTouch menu, and drag the “Screenshot” option to the “Favorites” section. When you’re ready to capture a screenshot, tap the button to open the menu and select “Screenshot.”
Saving and Sharing Screenshots
Saving Screenshots to Photos
To save a screenshot on your iPhone 8, simply press the Side button and the Home button simultaneously. A thumbnail of the screenshot will appear in the lower-left corner of your screen. Tap the thumbnail to open it. From there, you can edit the screenshot using the Markup feature or tap the Done button to save it directly to your Photos app. Once saved, the screenshot can be accessed at any time by opening the Photos app and navigating to the Screenshots folder. You can then view, edit, or share the screenshot as needed.
Sharing screenshots on your iPhone 8 is quick and effortless. After capturing a screenshot, tap the thumbnail that appears in the lower-left corner of your screen. This will open the screenshot in the Markup feature. From there, tap the Share button in the upper-right corner of your screen. This will present a list of options for sharing the screenshot, including AirDrop, Messages, Mail, and more. Simply select your desired option and follow the prompts to share the screenshot with your intended recipient.
Alternatively, you can also share screenshots directly from your Photos app. Open the Photos app, navigate to the Screenshots folder, select the screenshot you wish to share, and tap the Share button in the lower-left corner of your screen. This will display the same list of sharing options as before, enabling you to quickly and effortlessly share your screenshot.
To summarize, here are the main points to remember when capturing screenshots on your iPhone 8:
- Simultaneously press the Side button and the Home button to capture a screenshot.
- Hold both buttons for a second and then release.
- A thumbnail of the screenshot temporarily appears in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Tap the thumbnail to open it or swipe left to dismiss it.
- If you have an iPhone model with Touch ID and a top button, you can capture a screenshot by pressing the side button and the top button simultaneously.
- If you experience difficulty capturing a screenshot with physical buttons, you can use AssistiveTouch. Tap a virtual button on your screen to capture the screenshot.
That’s it! Capturing screenshots on your iPhone 8 is simple, quick, and a useful way to preserve information or unforgettable moments. Whether you’re capturing a humorous meme, an essential recipe, or an important text conversation, you can effortlessly do so in just a few steps. So go ahead and start capturing your favorite moments with ease on your iPhone 8.