Are you a passionate gamer who loves the immersive audio experience that AirPods provide? If you’re wondering how to connect your AirPods to your PS4 and take your gaming to the next level, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to connect your AirPods to your PS4 and enjoy wireless audio while gaming.
Connecting AirPods to Your PS4
Connecting AirPods to your PS4 is a bit more involved than pairing them with an iPhone or iPad. You’ll need a third-party Bluetooth adapter to establish the connection. Once you have the adapter, follow these simple steps to pair your AirPods with your PS4:
Step 1: Put AirPods in Pairing Mode
To put your AirPods in pairing mode, follow these steps:
- Place your AirPods in their charging case.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the LED light on the front starts flashing white.
- Your AirPods are now in pairing mode.
Step 2: Connect AirPods to PS4 via Bluetooth
To connect your AirPods to your PS4 via Bluetooth, follow these steps:
- Plug a Bluetooth adapter that supports audio into the USB port or headphone jack of your PS4.
- Put your Bluetooth adapter into pairing mode.
- Go to your PS4’s Settings menu and select Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Select your AirPods from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Your AirPods are now connected to your PS4.
Step 3: Adjust Audio Settings on PS4
To adjust your audio settings on your PS4, follow these steps:
- Go to your PS4’s Settings menu and select Devices > Audio Devices.
- Set your AirPods as both your output and input device.
- Adjust your volume control and microphone level as desired.
Step 4: Test AirPods on PS4
To test your AirPods on your PS4, follow these steps:
- Play a game or watch a video on your PS4.
- Ensure that all audio is coming through your AirPods.
- Test your microphone to make sure you can hear and be heard during voice chat.
That’s it! You can now use your AirPods with your PS4 and enjoy a wireless audio experience while gaming. However, keep in mind that some Bluetooth adapters may cause lag or impact audio quality. Choose a reliable adapter like the Twelve South AirFly Duo or AirFly Pro for the best results.
Adjusting Audio Settings on PS4
Audio plays a crucial role in enhancing the overall gaming experience. If you want to connect your AirPods to your PS4, knowing how to adjust the audio settings is essential. Here’s how you can do it:
All Audio Output
To adjust the audio output settings on your PS4, go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Output to Headphones. Choose “All Audio” to hear all audio output from your PS4 through your AirPods.
Output to Headphones
Once you’ve selected “All Audio,” you can further customize your audio output settings by adjusting the volume control and sound output settings. Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Output to Headphones to make these adjustments.
If you want to use your AirPods as a microphone while gaming, you’ll need to adjust the microphone settings on your PS4. Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Input Device. Select “Headset Connected to Controller” to use your AirPods as a microphone. You can also adjust the microphone level and choose between “Always On” or “Only When Mic Is Being Used.”
In conclusion, adjusting audio settings on your PS4 is a simple process that can greatly enhance your gaming experience. By selecting “All Audio” and adjusting your output and microphone settings, you can enjoy high-quality audio output and use your AirPods as a microphone while gaming.
Testing AirPods on PS4
You’ve successfully connected your AirPods to your PS4, but how do they perform as an audio device for gaming? Let’s dive in:
AirPods provide clear and crisp audio for gaming, ensuring that you hear every detail of the game’s audio. While they may not offer the same level of immersion as dedicated gaming headsets, the sound quality is impressive. However, keep in mind that AirPods lack noise cancellation, so ambient noise may interfere with your gaming experience.
When it comes to lag, there may be a slight delay between the audio and video due to the Bluetooth connection. Nevertheless, this delay is usually minimal and shouldn’t significantly impact your gameplay.
For voice chat, AirPods work well, allowing you to communicate clearly with your teammates. However, the microphone may not be as advanced as a dedicated gaming headset, so your voice may not be as clear, and background noise may affect your voice chat.
In terms of chat audio, AirPods allow you to hear it clearly, enabling smooth communication with your teammates. However, bear in mind that chat audio may interfere with the game’s audio, affecting your overall gaming experience.
Overall, AirPods are a great option for gaming on your PS4, especially if you’re looking for an audio device that can double as your everyday headphones. While they may not provide the same level of immersion as gaming headsets, they offer excellent sound quality and clear voice chat.
Connecting your AirPods to your PS4 is a simple process that requires a few steps. Here are the key takeaways to keep in mind:
- You’ll need a third-party Bluetooth adapter to connect your AirPods to your PS4.
- Once you have the adapter, pair your AirPods with your PS4 using it.
- Confirm the connection by going to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices.
- Note that you won’t be able to chat with other players using AirPods on your PS4.
- If you don’t have a Bluetooth adapter, you can still connect your AirPods to your PS4 using the Remote Play app.
Connecting your AirPods to your PS4 is a quick and easy process that can enhance your gaming experience. With the right equipment and a few simple steps, you can enjoy high-quality audio while playing your favorite games. Keep these key takeaways in mind as you set up your AirPods with your PS4, and enjoy the immersive audio experience they provide.