If you’re an iPhone 13 owner, there’s a chance you might have unintentionally activated the Emergency SOS feature. While this feature can be helpful in emergencies, it can also cause unnecessary panic if triggered accidentally. Don’t worry though, because we’re here to guide you on how to turn off SOS on your iPhone 13. Disabling the Emergency SOS feature is a quick and easy process.
Turning off SOS on iPhone 13
If you accidentally trigger the Emergency SOS feature on your iPhone 13, it can be quite alarming. However, turning off the SOS feature is a straightforward process that can be done in just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Access the Control Center
To disable the SOS feature on your iPhone 13, the first step is to access the Control Center. Simply swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to bring it up.
Step 2: Tap on the SOS Button
Once you’re in the Control Center, you’ll find an SOS button. Tap on this button to open the Emergency SOS screen.
Step 3: Turn off the ‘Auto Call’ Feature
By default, the Emergency SOS feature on your iPhone 13 is set to automatically call emergency services when the SOS button is pressed and held. To turn off this feature, simply toggle off the ‘Auto Call’ option on the Emergency SOS screen.
After disabling the ‘Auto Call’ feature, you can still use the SOS button to contact emergency services if needed. However, you’ll need to swipe the SOS button to the right to make the call instead of pressing and holding it.
By following these simple steps, you can turn off the SOS feature on your iPhone 13 and avoid any accidental calls to emergency services.
Alternative Methods to Disable SOS on iPhone 13
Method 1: Using the Settings App
If you prefer using the Settings app to turn off Emergency SOS, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 13.
- Scroll down and tap on “Emergency SOS.”
- Toggle off the “Call with Side Button” option.
When the “Call with Side Button” option is turned off, the button will no longer be shaded in green.
Method 2: Using Siri
You can also utilize Siri to disable Emergency SOS on your iPhone 13. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Side button or say “Hey Siri” to activate Siri.
- Say “Turn off Emergency SOS.”
- Confirm your intention to turn off Emergency SOS.
Once you’ve successfully turned off Emergency SOS using either of these methods, you can rest assured that you won’t accidentally trigger an emergency call.
Remember, Emergency SOS can be a life-saving feature in certain situations. If you ever find yourself in an emergency and need to contact emergency services quickly, simply press and hold the Side button along with one of the Volume buttons to call for help. However, if you accidentally trigger Emergency SOS, you can use the above methods to disable it.
Disabling Emergency SOS on your iPhone 13 is a simple process that can help prevent accidental calls to emergency services. Here are the key takeaways from this article:
- To turn off Emergency SOS on your iPhone 13, go to the Settings app and select Emergency SOS.
- Toggle off the “Call with Side Button” option to disable Emergency SOS.
- If your iPhone 13 is stuck in SOS mode, try turning off Emergency SOS in the Settings app or removing and reinserting the SIM card.
- If you see “No Service,” “Searching,” or “SOS” on your iPhone 13, try resetting your network settings or updating your device to the latest version of iOS.
- Remember to toggle off the “Auto Call” feature if you don’t want your iPhone 13 to automatically call emergency services when you press the side button five times in a row.
By following these steps, you can effectively turn off Emergency SOS on your iPhone 13 and avoid any accidental calls to emergency services. If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact your carrier or Apple support for assistance.