Accidentally hitting the “Report Junk” button on your iPhone’s Messages app can be frustrating. If you’re tired of dealing with this nuisance, don’t worry! There are a few simple ways to disable the “Report Junk” feature and keep your Messages app clutter-free. In this article, we will explore different methods to turn off the Report Junk feature on your iPhone.
Updating to iOS 16.1 or Newer
One way to disable the “Report Junk” feature is to update your iPhone to iOS 16.1 or a newer version. With this update, when you delete a text from the Messages app, you’ll find separate options for “Delete” and “Report Junk.” This allows you to avoid accidentally reporting messages as junk when you only intend to delete them.
Disabling Report Junk in Settings
Another method is to navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone and modify your Mail settings. Here’s how you can do it:
Step 1: Open Settings
To turn off Report Junk on your iPhone, start by opening the Settings app. You can find the gear icon representing the Settings app on your home screen or in your app library. Once you’re in the Settings app, scroll down until you see the “Mail” option. Tap on it to access your Mail settings.
Step 2: Tap On Mail
After opening the Settings app, tap on “Mail” to access your email settings. Within the Mail settings, you’ll see a list of your email accounts. Choose the account for which you want to disable the Report Junk feature. Scroll down until you find the “Junk” section, where you can toggle off the Report Junk feature for that specific account.
Step 3: Select The Email Account
To turn off Report Junk for a specific email account, follow these steps:
- Scroll down and locate the email account you want to modify.
- Tap on the email account to open its settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and find the “Advanced” section.
- Tap on “Advanced” to access the advanced settings.
- Within the advanced settings, you’ll find a toggle switch for the “Report Junk” feature. Simply toggle it off for the selected email account.
Remember, disabling the Report Junk feature only affects messages received in that particular account. If you have multiple email accounts on your iPhone, repeat this process for each account separately.
Step 4: Turn Off Report Junk
To avoid being prompted to report a message as junk every time you delete it, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Messages.”
- Toggle off the “Report Junk” option.
Now, when you delete a message, you will not be prompted to report it as junk anymore. Keep in mind that turning off the Report Junk feature does not prevent the sender from sending you messages. If you continue to receive unwanted messages, consider blocking the sender’s number to stop receiving them.
Here are a few key takeaways to keep in mind when turning off Report Junk on your iPhone:
- iOS 16.1 or newer provides separate options for “Delete” and “Report Junk” when deleting a text from the Messages app.
- If you’re using an older version of iOS, you can still turn off Report Junk by selecting “Select Messages” and then “Delete” from the menu in the Messages app.
- Reporting junk or spam messages to Apple doesn’t prevent senders from sending messages, but you can block the number to stop receiving them.
- Consider enabling SMS filtering and spam blocking on your iPhone for added protection against frequent spam messages.
By following these steps and being mindful of your options, you can take control of your Messages app and reduce the number of unwanted messages you receive. Keep your iPhone running smoothly and efficiently by keeping unwanted junk at bay.