An additional insured on a USAA auto insurance policy is someone who is covered by the policy in addition to the policyholder. Additional insureds can be drivers, passengers, or other people who may use the insured vehicle.
There are a few reasons why you might want to add someone as an additional insured on your USAA auto insurance policy. For example, you might want to add your child as an additional insured if they are going to be driving your car. You might also want to add your spouse or partner as an additional insured if they are going to be using your car on a regular basis.
To add someone as an additional insured on your USAA auto insurance policy, you can contact USAA customer service. You will need to provide the following information:
- The name and date of birth of the additional insured
- Their driver’s license number (if they have one)
- Their relationship to you
Once you have provided the necessary information, USAA will add the additional insured to your policy.
Here are some of the benefits of adding an additional insured to your USAA auto insurance policy:
- The additional insured will be covered by your policy if they are involved in an accident while driving your car.
- The additional insured may be eligible for discounts on their own auto insurance policy.
- If the additional insured is a minor, you may be able to get a discount on your auto insurance policy.
If you are considering adding someone as an additional insured to your USAA auto insurance policy, you should contact USAA customer service to discuss your options. They can help you determine if adding an additional insured is right for you and your situation.