If your USAA-insured car is stolen, you should take the following steps:
Report the theft to the police immediately.
File a claim with USAA. You can do this online, over the phone, or through the USAA mobile app.
Provide USAA with the following information:
- The make, model, and year of your car
- The VIN number of your car
- The date and time of the theft
- The location of the theft
- Any other relevant information, such as a description of the thief or any witnesses to the theft
Cooperate with USAA’s investigation. USAA may ask you to provide additional information or to answer questions about the theft.
Wait for USAA to contact you with the outcome of your claim. USAA will typically investigate your claim and make a decision within a few days.
If your car is found, USAA will work with you to get it back to you. If your car is not found, USAA will typically pay you the actual cash value of the car, minus your deductible.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about USAA stolen car claims:
- USAA offers a variety of discounts for stolen car coverage, such as the good driver discount and the safe vehicle discount.
- USAA also offers a variety of other coverage options for stolen cars, such as rental car reimbursement and replacement cost coverage.
- If you have any questions about USAA stolen car coverage or claims, you should contact USAA customer service.