DSI FLT on an RV water heater stands for Direct Spark Ignition Fault. This error code indicates that the water heater tried to ignite but failed. This can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- A clogged or dirty burner
- A faulty igniter
- A problem with the gas supply
- A problem with the thermostat
- A problem with the water flow switch
If you see a DSI FLT error code on your RV water heater, there are a few things you can check:
- Make sure that the propane tanks are full and that the gas valve is turned on.
- Inspect the burner for dirt or debris. If the burner is clogged, clean it with a wire brush.
- Check the igniter to make sure that it is glowing. If it is not glowing, replace the igniter.
- Check the thermostat to make sure that it is set to the correct temperature.
- Check the water flow switch to make sure that it is working properly.
If you have checked all of the above and the DSI FLT error code is still persisting, you should contact a qualified RV technician for assistance.
Here are some tips to help prevent DSI FLT errors on your RV water heater:
- Regularly clean the burner and igniter.
- Make sure that the gas supply is turned on before you try to ignite the water heater.
- Set the thermostat to the correct temperature.
- Check the water flow switch regularly to make sure that it is working properly.
If you follow these tips, you can help to ensure that your RV water heater is working properly and that you have hot water when you need it.